PETE HOLMES FAN ART CONTEST
Pete Holmes Fan Art Contest (“Contest”)
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. "Pete Holmes Fan Art Contest (“Contest”) is open to all legal residents of the 48 contiguous states and the District of Columbia, age 18 years or older as of November 19, 2013, except employees, officers, directors, agents, shareholders (and their immediate families [spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses] and household members (whether or not related) of Turner Entertainment Networks, Inc. (“TBS”), Team Coco Digital, LLC (“TCD”), and Midnight, Inc. (collectively, the “Sponsor”) and also employees, officers, directors, agents, shareholders (and their immediate families [spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses] and household members (whether or not related) of all of their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, trustees, franchisees, prize suppliers, distributors, licensees, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliated entities and assigns (collectively, with the Sponsor, "Contest Entities"). Void wherever prohibited by law. Contest is governed by U.S. law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules, as well as the decisions of the judges and Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: 12:00:00a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 19, 2013 until 11:59p.m. ET on December 1st, 2013 (“Contest Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: Submit a digital image of an original art work created by you, which depicts comedian Pete Holmes, via electronic mail to FanArt@PeteHolmes.com. Your artwork shall not contain any third party material.
Be sure to include your name, e-mail address, city and state of residence and date of birth in your email in your email to FanArt@PeteHolmes.com. (The email constitutes an “Entry.”) By sending e-mail to FanArt@PeteHolmes.com, you are indicating your agreement to these Official Rules and your agreement to the terms as part of the entry procedure. All entries must be submitted during the Contest Period in the name of an individual person; joint, group or team entries are NOT permitted. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means will be void. The Contest Entities are not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, undelivered, inaccurate or delayed entries, or for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems which may limit or affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest, whether human, mechanical, typographical, printing, electronic, network or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism or threats thereof, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Sponsor's control, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation or otherwise in a manner determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on the Contest web site. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
4. ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS – CONTENT OF SUBMISSION. With the exception of Pete Holmes and/or other persons associated with “The Pete Holmes Show,” if a person other than you is included in the Submission, you must secure the written consent of such person (and, Sponsor may condition your eligibility to receive prize(s) upon your provision of such consent and its adequacy as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.) Be sure to also identify yourself in the Submission if you and such other persons appear in the Submission. Submissions will be disqualified by Sponsor/judges based on entrant's violation of the following guidelines, as determined in Sponsor's/judges' sole discretion:
• Submission is not the original work product of entrant, utilizing the designated image from “PeteHolmes.com”;
• Was not created by entrant specifically for this Contest;
• Violates the trademark, copyright, intellectual property or other rights of any third party;
• Is inappropriate or unfit for publication (e.g., includes obscenity, pornography or hate speech);
• Promotes any cause (be it political, religious, charitable or otherwise) other than the Contest theme;
• Advocates alcohol consumption, drug use, violence or any illegal activity.
5. GRANT OF RIGHTS IN SUBMISSION: Entrant hereby grants to TCD, Midnight, Inc. and their parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, employees, licensees (including, but not limited to, any networks, sponsors, marketing partners or exhibitors) and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide right to (a) copyright, reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, publicly perform, adapt, modify, creative derivative works of, exhibit and otherwise use the Submission (with or without any attribution of any kind) in any media throughout the world for any purpose, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation or approval by Entrant or any other party , and (b) use and edit (and grant to others the right and license to use and edit) Entrant’s name, likeness, persona, biographical material, nickname and voice contained in the Submission, through “The Pete Holmes Show,” PeteHolmes.com, Pete Holmes satellite web and mobile offerings on third party social networks and any other products or services as TCD may designate, and any other Web sites not designated by TCD, in any medium now known or hereafter devised, online, on-air, or offline and by any means of delivery, for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes. Entrant further agrees not to instigate, support, maintain or authorize any action, claim, or lawsuit against the Sponsor, its designees or any other person, on the grounds that any use of the Submission or any derivative works, infringes any of his/her rights, including without limitation, copyrights and moral rights. Entrant further acknowledges that the Sponsor and its designees are in no way obligated to publish or use his/her Submission in any way. Entrant further agrees, upon Sponsor’s request and without compensation, to sign any and all necessary and appropriate documents so as to effect, perfect or record such license rights. Entrant further expressly acknowledges that Sponsor and its designees have wide access to ideas, stories, designs and other literary/artistic materials submitted to them from outside sources or being developed by their own employees and that such ideas/stories/designs/literary/artistic materials may be competitive with, similar to (or even identical to) a person’s Submission and that Sponsor and its designees shall have no liability to entrant or any third party in conjunction therewith.
6. HOW TO WIN: One Grand Prize Winner will be selected from all eligible submissions by judges from “The Pete Holmes Show.” Submissions will be judged on (a) creativity, (b) humor and (c) suitability for broadcast on television. The grand prize winner will be notified by U.S. mail, and/or e-mail and/or telephone (actual method(s) of notification being in Sponsor's sole discretion).
7. PRIZES: PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize Winner will be awarded an original painting created by artist Skyler Grey, valued at $499.
8. GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS: Sponsor's failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute the waiver of such provision. By entering this Contest, participants grant Contest Entities and their designees the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, cities and states of residences, voices, pictures and likenesses, without compensation, notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods and services of the Contest Entities and all matters related to the Contest, including use of their images and performance within the television program “Conan” and in all advertisements or promotions thereof, in any manner or medium, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity. The Grand Prize Winner will be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, tax acknowledgment form and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release (“Winner Documents”) and return within two (2) business days of issuance of notification. Noncompliance within this time period or failure of the potential Grand Prize winner or Runner-Up Prize winner to respond to a notification attempt within two (2) days of such attempt may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion; an alternate winner may be selected. If: (i) any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (ii) a potential Grand Prize winner or Runner-Up Prize winner declines his or her prize, or (iii) a potential Grand Prize winner or Runner-Up Prize winner fails to comply with any of the Official Rules as outlined herein, such potential Grand Prize Winner or Runner-Up Prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected at the Sponsor's sole discretion. The Contest Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility and entrants agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities (as well as their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, shareholders and representatives) from and against any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liability for injury, expenses, damage or loss whatsoever relating to or arising in connection with participation in this Contest (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss) and/or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of any of the prizes awarded (including, without limitation, any travel or activity related thereto, or use or misuse of any Prize).
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/CHOICE OF LAW. To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrants agree that (a) any action pursuant to this Contest shall be brought individually (not as part of a class action) in the federal or state courts situate in Los Angeles County, California and agree to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and waive any right of change of venue or like right; and (b) their recovery in such action will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs in participating in the Contest (as well as expressly excluding attorneys’ fees) with all other damages, relief or recovery being expressly waived. In any such action, the court shall apply the law of California, excluding its conflict of law/choice of law provisions (or those of any other jurisdiction which would result in the application of the law of any jurisdiction other than California).
10. OFFICIAL RULES OR WINNERS LIST: OFFICIAL RULES OR WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules or the Winners List (available on or about December 1, 2013), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the following address (please specify “Official Rules” or “Winners”) "Pete Holmes Fan Art Contest" Contest c/o The Pete Holmes Show, 4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg. 36, Burbank CA 91522. All requests must be received by December 1, 2013.
SPONSORS: Team Coco Digital, LLC, 4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg. 36, Burbank CA 91522
Turner Entertainment Networks, Inc. 1050 Techwood Drive NW, Atlanta, GA 30316
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. The use of certain companies’ products and services as prizes does not imply participation in, approval of, or endorsement of this Contest by such companies.
TM & © 2013 Team Coco Digital, LLC. All Rights Reserved.