When you're late to work, honesty is the best policy. Just admit that you overslept and try not to do it again. Whatever you do, don't make up ridiculous reasons to cover up for the fact that you can't get anywhere on time. We're putting together list of terrible excuses for showing up late to work as a reminder that no one believes you when you lie.
We've come up with five lame reasons you're late for work
UPDATE: The list is now complete! Thanks to everyone who pitched in!
The Terrible 20: Reasons For Being Late To Work
- "My grandmother died. Again."
- "I was emotionally distraught after reading that Facebook bought Instagram for $1 billion."
- "You won't believe this, but a version of me from the future travelled back in time to try and prevent me from continuing to work here."
- "My alarm clock is sentient, and is jealous of my relationship with my girlfriend."
- "I was up late last night with a panda I recently adopted. You know how baby pandas can be! Total adorable handfuls."
- "I'm Batman" - Tanner Hockensmith
- "Plowing, planting, and harvesting on all 5 Farmville farms is now consuming considerably more time than it used to." - Melanie Quitevis
- "I got caught up in rush hour. On DVD." - @damKnade
- "Do you realize how much upkeep a mullet takes?!" Cody Chase
- "Who cares if I'm late? It's not like I do anything around here anyways." - @ShaunC1000
- "My dog ate my will to be a spineless slave to corporate America just so I can afford to feed my caffeine, nicotine and iPad addictions." - Ryan Rowland
- "I was trying to grow a mustache." - William Butler
- "I was raging about Mass Effect 3's ending." - Adam Yanes
- "I got stuck in the revolving door in the lobby." - @CapnCapes
- "Too busy helping Richard Karn move." - Adam Wilson
- "My Draw Something word was Sistine Chapel" - @erinwinebark
- "I was working on my resume." - Patrick Jones
- "My mom didn't wake me up - @MelissaBrunet
- ?"I was trying to figure out what to put on Conan's 20 Reasons You're Late For Work." - Justin Pullen
- "The first rule is, you're not supposed to talk about it. And the second rule is, YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT IT" - @KC_Laura