Every week we pay tribute to our fans by choosing one at random and asking them a bunch of questions! It's an opportunity for us to get to know you... AND an opportunity for YOU to get to know you! So, without further ado, let's light this Fan Friday bonfire! This week's lucky fan is Sunil John! Sunil, this is everybody; everybody, this is Sunil. Ready!? Then let's do this:
1. Please state your name, age and hometown for the record. (also, your twitter handle, if you have one)
Name: Sunil John
Hometown: Toronto, Ontario
2. Relationship status?
3. Favorite snack?
4. What was the last good movie you saw or the last good song you heard?
"Waiting for Superman” - A very important movie that everyone should see.
5. How long have you been Team Coco? What’s your earliest Conan memory?
I’ve been Team Coco, since the late 90’s when I left home for university. My earliest Conan memory would have to be watching a rubber Rottweiler named Triumph do remote sketches at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show. Before Facebook and Twitter, I remember there was a newsgroup called AFCOB for Late Night fans, where we would discuss the show in true NERDY fashion.
6. How do you spend a typical day?
I’m a full time programmer with a weakness for robots and sneakers. I’m typically in front of my laptop tinkering with a game idea or new application.
Here’s the app I built in my spare time to make SCREENACCURATECOCO. Check out my sweet beard drawing skills: http://vimeo.com/20748735?ab
In Canada, we don’t get to watch Conan in HD until 1AM, so we watch the show via PVR during dinner the next day.
7. Tell us something about you that no one else knows.
I’m a licensed amateur radio operator. When all lines of communication are down in a state of national emergency, you know who to get in touch with!
8. Name five things - besides Conan - that make you laugh!
My fiancée – Kerrie, Stephen Colbert, David Cross, my eight toed cat Jasmine and my brother Suresh.
9. What’s the one thing you would never ever do; not for a million dollars or all the chocolate in the world?
I would never give up my robots.
10. What would you like to see more of from Team Coco?
- The masturbating bear came back as the self pleasuring panda. Surely there must be a way to bring Triumph back! Make it happen.
- Keep coming up with new ways to interact with the fans. No one else comes close to what you guys are doing. Keep up with the good work.
- At all costs, don’t let Will Farrell shave Conan’s beard. #SAVETHEBEARD.
Cheers from Canada.
That's great advice to ALL you captains and campers out there: NEVER GIVE UP YOUR ROBOTS. After all, who's going to defend you when the zombies take over?! (Hint: Robots are immune to zombie bites). Thanks for a great Fan Friday Sunil!
As for the rest of you: If you'd like to throw your name in the ring for a future Team Coco Fan Friday, just keep en eye on our Facebook Page for a special post either Thursday night or Friday morning! Comment on that post, get a little lucky... And YOU might just be our next lucky Team Coco Fan! See you guys all Monday!