1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. The “Catch Coco Contest" (“Contest”) open to all individuals physically present in the greater New York City metropolitan area on October 31, 2016 who are 18 years or older as of October 31, 2016, except employees, officers, directors, agents, shareholders (and their immediate families [spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses] of Turner Entertainment Networks, Inc. (“TBS”) and Team Coco Digital, LLC (“TCD”), (collectively, the “Sponsor”) and also employees, officers, directors, agents, shareholders (and their immediate families [spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses] of AT&T, and all of its respective parents, subsidiaries, and assigns (collectively, with the Sponsor, "Contest Entities"). Contest is governed by U.S. law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Contest, entrants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules, as well as the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects and not subject to appeal.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: 8:00:00a.m. Eastern Time, on October 31, 2016 until 11:59:59AM on November 2, 2016 (“Contest Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: In order to enter, all entrants must download the free application entitled Catch Coco (the “App”) at the itunes and Google Play application storefronts, complete the Game (as defined below) and then complete the registration path by providing accurate information at the website you will be directed to after completion of the Game. The “Game” is played as follows: while physically in New York City, using the App, Entrants shall attempt to “catch” a computerized version of Conan O’brien (the “Avatar”) by going to certain places within New York City where his Avatar has been geographically associated via Googlemaps. Be sure to complete the accompanying entry form with all required information, including your name, e-mail address, city and state of residence, date of birth, and cell phone number. (The entry form along with a submission constitutes an “Entry.”) BY SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY, YOU HEREBY GRANT SPONSORS THE RIGHT TO USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION DESCRIBED IN THE PRECEDING SENTENCE, AND ALL GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION SPONSORS AT ITS SUBCONTRACTORS OBTAIN VIA THE APP. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated or computerized means will be void. The Contest Entities are not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, undelivered, inaccurate or delayed entries, or for technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems which may limit or affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest, whether human, mechanical, typographical, printing, electronic, network or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the App, the administration of the Contest, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism or threats thereof, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Sponsor's control, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to award the prizes from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation or otherwise in a manner determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on the Contest web site. False or deceptive entries or acts will render the entrant ineligible. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned.
Entrant understands and accepts that there are inherent risks associated with going to physical places in New York City under time pressure, and/or playing the Game, and hereby accepts those risks. Entrant hereby waives all claims against all Contest Entities based on physical injuries or death that may occur in the course of playing the Game, entering and/or attempting to win the Contest, unless caused by the gross negligence or unanticipated intentional acts of Contest Entities.
4. HOW TO WIN: The first eligible Entrant who: (a) completes the Game by catching all the Avatars placed within Googlemap’s display of New York City during the Contest Period; (b) properly and accurately completes the registration path at the webpage presented after completion of the Game; (c) responds to the notification sent by Sponsor indicating that he or she is the potential Grand Prize Winner within one hour of such notification; and (d) clears a criminal back ground check conducted by Sponsor, shall be the Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize Winner’s guest must also clear this criminal background check.
The next Nine (9) other Entrants who: (a) completes the Game by catching all the Avatars placed within Googlemap’s display of New York City during the Contest Period; (b) properly and accurately completes the registration path at the webpage presented after completion of the Game; and (c) responds to the notification sent by Sponsor indicating that he or she is the potential Runner Up Winner within one hour of such notification, shall be the Runner Up Winner.
All potential winners shall be contacted via the information submitted in the registration path, and all shall have One (1) hour to claim the prize. If the Entrant does not respond to this notification within such time, then Sponsor shall have the right to grant the prize to the next Entrant who completed the Game.
5. PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize Winner shall receive Two (2) tickets to see a taping of the CONAN show at the Apollo Theatre in NYC on November 2nd or 3rd, an opportunity to briefly meet Conan O’Brien in person, and a Conan/AT&T gift bag. In the event that for whatever reason, Conan O’Brien is not available to meet with the Grand Prize Winner, Sponsor shall have the right to substitute that experience with a check for Three Hundred Dollars ($300) for any reason, in its sole discretion. The estimated fair market value of the Grand Prize is $500.
Runner-Up Prizes: Nine (9) Runner Up Winners shall receive Two (2) tickets to see a live taping of the Conan show at the Apollo Theatre in NYC on November 2nd or Third, and a Conan/AT&T gift bag. The estimated fair market value of each Runner Up Prize is $200.
No substitution or transfer of prizes or cash redemptions permitted by the Grand Prize or Runner-Up Prize winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for any reason whatsoever a prize of comparable or greater value, including cash payment, at its sole discretion.
Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winner is solely responsible for the payment of all taxes as well as any other costs and expenses associated with acceptance and use of prize(s) not specified herein.
6. GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS: Sponsor's failure to enforce any provision of these Official Rules shall not constitute the waiver of such provision. By entering this Contest, participants grant Contest Entities and their designees the right, unless prohibited by law, to use their names, cities and states of residences, voices, pictures and likenesses, without compensation, notification or approval, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods and services of the Contest Entities and all matters related to the Contest, including use of their images and performance within the television program “Conan” and in all advertisements or promotions thereof, in any manner or medium, now or hereafter known, throughout the world in perpetuity. The Grand Prize Winner may be required to execute an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, tax acknowledgment form and, except where prohibited by law, a publicity release (“Winner Documents”) before meeting Conan O’Brien. Noncompliance within this time period or failure of the potential Grand Prize winner or Runner-Up Prize winner to respond to a notification attempt within One (1) hour of such attempt may result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion; an alternate winner may be selected. If: (i) any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, (ii) a potential Grand Prize winner or Runner-Up Prize winner declines his or her prize, or (iii) a potential Grand Prize winner or Runner-Up Prize winner fails to comply with any of the Official Rules as outlined herein, or for the potential Grand Prize Winner, the criminal background check conducted prior to the show, such potential Grand Prize Winner or Runner-Up Prize winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected at the Sponsor's sole discretion. The Contest Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility and Entrant agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Contest Entities (as well as their respective employees, officers, directors, agents, shareholders and representatives) from and against any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liability for injury, expenses, damage or loss whatsoever relating to or arising in connection with participation in this Contest (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss) and/or the delivery and/or subsequent use or misuse of any of the prizes awarded (including, without limitation, any conduct Entrant engages in, whether typical or atypical, during the course of the Game, travel to and from New York City, or activity related thereto, or use or misuse of any Prize).
Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the Contest. ANY ATTEMPT TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
7. DISPUTE RESOLUTION/CHOICE OF LAW. To the fullest extent permitted by law, entrants agree that (a) any action pursuant to this Contest shall be brought individually (not as part of a class action) in the federal or state courts situated in Los Angeles County, California and agree to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and waive any right of change of venue or like right; and (b) their recovery in such action will be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs in participating in the Contest (as well as expressly excluding attorneys’ fees) with all other damages, relief or recovery being expressly waived. In any such action, the court shall apply the law of California, excluding its conflict of law/choice of law provisions (or those of any other jurisdiction which would result in the application of the law of any jurisdiction other than California).
8. REQUEST FOR OFFICIAL RULES OR WINNERS LIST: For a copy of the Official Rules or the Winners List (available on or about November 14, 2016), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the following address (please specify “Official Rules” or “Winners”) "Catch CoCo Contest c/o Team Coco Digital, LLC, 4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg. 34, 2nd Floor, Burbank CA 91505. All requests must be received by December 15, 2016.
SPONSORS: Team Coco Digital, LLC, 4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg. 34, 2nd Floor, Burbank CA 91505
Turner Entertainment Networks, Inc. 1050 Techwood Drive NW, Atlanta, GA 30316
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. The use of certain companies’ products and services as prizes does not imply participation in, approval of, or endorsement of this Contest by such companies.
These Official Rules are © 2016 by Turner Entertainment Networks, Inc. All Rights Reserved.